Improvements to the Shipping Label Tool

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

There are some exciting new changes coming in the next few weeks and months!

We are replacing our current shipping label tool for another that can save you time and money.

Over the next few weeks, PayPal will be directing customers to a new and improved tool for creating shipping labels. 

The new PayPal tool is powered by eBay and very similar to the current one, but it is easier to use and comes with added advantages, including extra service options, and USPS shipping rates that are up to 32.5% less than what you pay now.  You can read all about the benefits in the new tool’s FAQs

What Do I Need to Do?

Nothing right now.  Just be aware that starting March 27, 2012, when you go to create a shipping label, you may be automatically directed to use the new PayPal tool.

How Does the Shipping Label Tool Work?

Working with the new tool should be easy and very similar to the one you use now.  If you do need help, these FAQs, demos, and tutorials are right there to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming improvements! If you have any questions that aren't covered in the resources linked above, please feel free to post them here. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

all
Contributor
Contributor

I hate the new shipping labels with Paypal.  It takes me longer to print a single lable because it keeps creating some kind of ebay error & I have to go back or refresh my screen numerous times  - I am just hoping that I am not getting charged twice for shipping labels.  I use to be able to print labels on my work computer with a laser jet because it used USPS but now since it goes thru Ebay it is blocked by our security software and now I will have to buy a new printer for home because don't want to use ink jet for shipping labels.  This is not an improvement in my eyes it is just costing me more time & money.  I did notice this shipping option was being used several months ago but I thought it was just some kind of error but apparently it was a test & it didn't work back then either.

Login to Me Too

chelymarie63
New Community Member

What a joke  trying to print shipping labels from paypal has become. I have been charged 3 times for a label that I never even got to the print page to even print it. When I saw that I had been charged for it. I tried to reprint it and guess what no reprint but charged again. So I tried to cancel that one and was charged again. There is no way without to cancel or reprint it without continually getting charged. I hate to keep trying as when they do finally refund it they will hang onto your money forever before it is credited.

Login to Me Too

knotonduty
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the NO help, Paypal people.

Was told this would be removed/reset this am by a Paypal rep (actually it was 4 different reps before someone said they would actually do something) on the phn yesterday.  (after being told by a ebay rep to try to install a Java update...which I did & that did not change anything)

Still getting this annoying message.

"You can't print a shipping label for this order because of a technical issue with your PayPal account. "

I say your 'Improvements to the Shipping Label Tool' are lacking BIG TIME.

It is no wonder more & more people are going the Amazon route. 
Going to purchase postage elsewhere.

Goodbye
Login to Me Too

knotonduty
Contributor
Contributor

FYI I was able to use my CASH on paypal to pay for shipping directly through USPS.com click-n-ship.  Had to type in the users name & address myself & it is just for priority mail, but it WORKED.  More then I can say about the Paypal/ebay shipping buttons. 

And on a side note, it must be something with eBay, because I sold an item on a hobby board, received payment through paypal, & was able to print that label through paypal without incident.... thought I would mention it as maybe someone is reading these posts who is actually attempting to fix this problem???

Login to Me Too

mltoys
Contributor
Contributor

why am i having to enter my password for every label i go to print then agail to go back to my summary. this is the stupidest thing when trying to ship

Login to Me Too

mltoys
Contributor
Contributor

hello out there

Login to Me Too

knotonduty
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same issue!  Sold an item, payment received, account verified & funded more then enough & it will not allow us to purchase postage!  Called & was told that something has been reset & to try again in four hours... I am beginning to think that Paypal does not want me to spend the $$ as they are earning interest or something???  They said it would work fine if I put a credit card on there...but why do they need it?  They already have my CASH?!?  & I am not refering to their fees...which they will be returning when I refund the buyer & just scrap the entire ebay/paypal thing as I am soooo fed up with the entire ordeal....

ANYWAY, let me know if you were able to resolve your problem or not & if it does work for us sometime soon I will update here...(I say US because the account is actually a Mr & Mrs account, although PAYPAL will NOT allow joint accounts...funny, they have no problem taking cash from our joint bank account ~ sigh ~ just a royal pain when they will only talk to the person whos name is on the account.  Royal PITA... )

Sorry, off topic...just a little vent, LOL.

Crossing fingers & toes this resolves itself as selling stuff on ebay is fun.  But it WILL stop if I can not use the $$ buyers pay for shipping for the actual shipping.  nuf said.

Login to Me Too

teaktwentythree
Contributor
Contributor
I'll just add my two cents, since my (and many others) posts never get any serious reply from anyone at Paypal. WHEN WILL YOU ADD MAC SUPOORT FOR LABEL PRINTERS & MULTI-ORDER SHIPPING!!!! And why in gods name did you migrate ebay shipping to PayPal?!! It's already on ebay! Paypal users need a service for printing labels from their other merchant accounts. If you don't fix this someone else will make a service that works & we will all migrate.
Login to Me Too

ss1111
Contributor
Contributor

With the New shipping format (UGH) when I print a shipping label for a sale on other sites or personal website I receive the familiar email titled "You created a shipping label with PayPal Shipping" that displays ALL details of the shipment INCLUDING the customers name and address. 

However when a label is printed for an ebay item the notification email is titled " Receipt for Your Payment to eBay Inc Shipping" and shows the cost of the label with the USPS tracking # ***BUT GIVES NO INDICATION WHO THE LABEL WAS PRINTED TO - NO CUSTOMER NAME, NO CUSTOMER ADDRESS, NO SHIPPING DETAILS *** AS WELL WHEN LOGGED IN TO PAYPAL IN VIEWING THE DETAILS OF  THE SHIPPING TRANSACTION   - IT STATES SHIPPING ADDRESS * NO ADDRESS PROVIDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?? 

THIS IS REALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND NEEDS TO BE REMEDIED - HOW ABSURD TO PURCHASE A SHIPPING LABEL AND HAVE NO RECORD OF WHO OR WHERE THE PACKAGE IS SHIPPED TO - !!!!!!!!

Do the people who come up with these new ideas have a clue what they are doing?  They keep fixing things that aren't broken and the result is pure insanity. 

Login to Me Too

atimole
New Community Member

Ever since the newly designed PAYPAL Home Page, my USPS Priority Mail International Custom Form pages (2 pages) are not printing out...but First Class International Forms are (1 page)?  I see the two pages/forms, but when I hit the print button I get the message, "PAGES WILL NOT PRINT ~ NO PAGES SELECTED"....and the thing is that there are pages selected.  There is a bullet for ALL pages or 1-2 pages etc. and none of them work, getting the same message.  I have updated the Adobe Reader, etc., I am using Firefox 15.0 and on a MAC OS X 10.6.8.  I end up voiding the expensive label and going to the Post Office with a hand written manual form.  Can anyone help?  Thanks a 1,000,000!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.