Current Bill Me Later reviews??

krl109
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm thinking about trying Bill Me Later for some future purchases, but feel that I need some second opinions before making the decision. I've seen some posts about cases where customer service is incompetent to resolve problems, account linking problems, checkout problems, not recieving the promotions, etc. Where does BML stand today?? Has the feature improved lately?? Or is it still having problems?? 

Also, are there extra fees that you pay when making the monthly payments on what you buy? Or any other hidden things??

And since it's my first time using a credit line type of system, what are the basic things to understand about them?? Like APR and interest rates and what not.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

kllakng1
New Community Member

Be careful with Billmelater. I just made my first purchase using this service -- I clicked on their $10 promotion off my first purchase. I even received an email telling me to expect my $10 credit in 24 to 48 hours. Now a few weeks later, I still haven't received anything. If this company is so unscrupulous that they are willing to **bleep** off customers by luring them in with a promotion and then not honoring it, there's no telling what they'll do. Just do a google search and see the numerous complaints. I probably should have done this first. So unless I get an appology with $10 attached, this will be my final transasction with these people.  

Here's the first email:

Dear Xxxxxxx,

The promotional dollars off request that was submitted has been completed. The changes, if any, to your Bill Me Later Account will be posted within 24-48 hours.

You can view any transactions or adjustments online by logging into your account at billmelater.com. We appreciate your patience in regards to this matter and the opportunity to serve you.

Thanks,

Bill Me Later
Customer Care

The lender for Bill Me Later Accounts is Comenity Capital Bank.

After recieving nothing and filing a complaint a few weeks later, I get this:

Dear Xxxxxxx:

We have received your inquiry regarding your Bill Me Later account. We appreciate this opportunity to serve you.

While we do offer promotional credit incentives for purchases made with merchants who offer Bill Me Later as a method of payment, not all purchases made using Bill Me Later qualify for these credits.

Your recent purchase didn't qualify for a promotional credit of $10.00 because no such promotion was active at the time of purchase.

If you still have questions or there's something else we can do to help, simply send us a message using the secure email form located on the "Contact Us" page of our website.

Thanks for being a Bill Me Later customer.

Sincerely,

Steve A.
Bill Me Later Customer Care
billmelater.com
866-528-3733

Steve was no help at all. Now I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back. Not holding my breath.

Login to Me Too

thetechnogeek
New Community Member

i use bill me later and have had one issue which they help me solve. (Awsome customer service!) they were polite and vary helpfull.

My issu was from pcgamesupply i ordered psn 20$ card with paypal and pcgamesuply canceled my order for some uknown reason but still accepted paypment from bill me later so bill me later helped me solve issue and get refund from them. 

Login to Me Too

tjake13
Contributor
Contributor

I got slammed by paypal. I never wanted bill me later. I wanted to pay by my credit; they paid by bill me later.

This is some way to generate monies no doubt. I NEVER WANTED TO PAY THIS WAY????

Login to Me Too

JerryOJ
New Community Member

Thanks So much for the post guys I will not be using bill me later with all the negative feedback you should called HEADACHES LATER first of all I was trying to use them to improve my credit and I heard one person said this will not improve nothing plus too many people got charge interes before the 6 months no way too many bad revies goodluck to ever signs up

Login to Me Too

Pcactive

If  you  have your paypal acct tied to your  bank acct, making it easy to pay back what you owe before interest kicks in, then no issues.  

The people who are having issues with this convient program are  people  who do not have paypal acct tied to their bank acct or do not have the  cash to pay pack what they owe before the intereat kick in.

Seems simple to me.   

1. Use only for large ticket items  that allow 6 months to pay back before they start charging interest
  2. Don't use if  Paypal not tied to your bank acct.   Much more difficult to pay off and totatlly takes away the "convience" factor.
  3. Do not use it for  any type of "nstallment"  purchses like you see on items purchase on TV sales program.  installments charge a monthly fee  no matter when the interest kick in.
  4. immediately after   purchasing  an item through  Billmelater, go tp paypal acct and setup a  auto bill pay to them  for monthly payment  to payoff before  6 mo is up.    REMEBER   you can only do this if your bank acct tied to your paypal acct.
  5. Another option is to set up auto bill pay on your bank acct at  online bank acct  if you do not like mailing checks.  
  6. Call  costomer support BEFORE you sign up for billmelater.  They will expalin this a whole lot better than I just did.  
Login to Me Too

ofotoe
Contributor
Contributor

wow is it hard to close an account someone else opens up in your name,,they say its illegal for them to contact the person that opened it up in your name or tell you who,, or who took what out,, but the bill started at 7 for me ,, 2 weeks later it jwas 20 $ then close to sixty in 2 weeks,,and they refused to let me close it,, refused to contact the person who opened it,, gone to  sheriffs office and pam bondi so far,, called them for some hrs jper day every day so far..

Login to Me Too

argv500
Contributor
Contributor

delete it

Login to Me Too

Sanghwanesq

I purchased an item for $50.00 on 7/31/13. Since I had paypal balance enough to cover the purchase I have used paypal account to pay for the item.  Without my knowledge paypal paid the $50.00 and then borrowed $50.00 from Bill Me Later. Since I have already paid with paypal and I did not have any activity since then I did not pay attention to the e-mails for a while. Now Bill Me later is demanding me to pay $114.00 after only three months. They charge $37.00 every month for their "fee".  I hope you get the picture.  Please let me know if anyone out there with similar experiences.

Login to Me Too

mcinpr

I tried to set up a BillMeLater account last night.  After more than an hour, customer service couldn´t help me link my BillMeLater account to my longstanding PayPal account.  Their  idea of resolving the issue was to open another PayPal account under a different email, which i did.  That didn´t work.  Then they said the problem was my address.  After changing my address, that didn´t work. I had an existing BillMeLater account, which I can still log into, but couldn´t link it.  Then they said that the account had had no activity in 8 years so it had been purged, even though I could still log  into it.  Yeah, that´s right....now I remember why I hadn´t used it in 8 years. So we tried to open a new account under a different email address and physical address.  That didn´t work.  After a supervisor was contacted, she said the problem was my address.  WTF?  She said that because I had moved since my first BillMeLater account, Equifax didn´t have my current address and that I had to contact them to give them my correct address then try again.  I have excellent credit, and she

assured me that wasn´t the problem.  Never mind that I have updated change of address information to all active credit cards over a year ago and I know damn well Equifax has the info.  Has the feature improved?  I don´t think so...I  wish  you luck with BillMeLater.  Maybe my experience with them was a fluke and you´ll fare better.  My experience left me convinced

that I´m better off paying with my PayPal account and skipping all the time consuming incompetence at BillMeLater.

Login to Me Too

mcinpr

STOP!!!!!!! Don´t use Bill Me Later  until you have  read through reviews.  Wish I had been smart enough to do  that.....I´m here only after experiencing their incompetence, if I had bothered to do the research, I wouldn´t be here.  I have never experienced such incompetence even with the supervisor who should know more than the customer service rep.  Hear my opinion along with so many unsatisfied others......DON´T USE BILL ME LATER!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.