Current Bill Me Later reviews??

krl109
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm thinking about trying Bill Me Later for some future purchases, but feel that I need some second opinions before making the decision. I've seen some posts about cases where customer service is incompetent to resolve problems, account linking problems, checkout problems, not recieving the promotions, etc. Where does BML stand today?? Has the feature improved lately?? Or is it still having problems?? 

Also, are there extra fees that you pay when making the monthly payments on what you buy? Or any other hidden things??

And since it's my first time using a credit line type of system, what are the basic things to understand about them?? Like APR and interest rates and what not.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

MannieM
New Community Member
Let me start off by saying I do not have ANY debt, I pay all my bills on time and I'm proud of it. Now lets get to the point. I wanted to purchase a particular product for my two daughters and I saw the Bill Me Later option, I said "hm this seems okay, let me research it" and you know what I found....NOT ONE SINGLE POSITIVE REVIEW! I was soooo glad I didn't use the "Bill Me Later" option. I want to thank all reviews for their stories. Even tho I would've been able to pay the bill as soon as I received it I still feel like "Bill Me Later" would've tried to scam me and that's a "no-no".
Login to Me Too

putz86
Contributor
Contributor

For those of you claiming there isn't one positive review on here, haven't took the time to read all of the reviews. What I'm seeing is ... a lot of people don't understand the terms, or they would rather put the blame on bill me later. Yes there seems to be a lot more negative reviews than positive. I think most of the negative are from people who don't want to accept the responsibility to watch their accounts or pay their bills in a timely matter. So.. I'll tell you my 2 positives with Bill Me Later.

First off, I messed up on entering my birthday, when making a purchase. I thought for sure my account was going to be deactivated due to "fraudulent reasons" but when I contacted customer service, they were pleasant and understanding.

Second, the next day after making a big purchase (a computer) I was contacted by their security department. They wanted to confirm that I made that purchase. Because of it being such a large amount. I really appreciated that they took the effort to make sure that no one else used my account. Both customer service and the security department were very nice.

So for those of you complaining, that customer service is rude... I'm sure we all get the occasional rude person, and we all have  bad days.

But on my 2-3 calls, I haven't experienced one negative person. If you are nice, and polite, I assume the person on the other line will take the time to help you. But if you go on trying to "shoot the messenger", you probably won't get anywhere with your complaint or issue.

My advice to anyone who reads this. I enjoy Bill Me Later... that being said, I follow the agreement, pay my bill back as asked, watch my account, and when an issue/concern arises, being friendly to customer service is important. vice versa.

I would recommend Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too

Dumaine
Contributor
Contributor

@ putz.....I guess you and I are the minority here....maybe BML likes us.........lol

Login to Me Too

putz86
Contributor
Contributor

@ Dumaine.. Yep must be. 🙂

@Dumaine wrote:

@ putz.....I guess you and I are the minority here....maybe BML likes us.........lol

Login to Me Too

FalconDrone

You need to be careful when using this service. They will never send you the bills and therefore you might end up with an extra monthly $35.00 late charge and the process to resolve this issue is going nowhere; the only response you get when calling is the automatic instructions on how to pay. By the way, the monthly $2.00 charge will add to your account even you pay off the bill.

I would suggest paypal credit card.

Login to Me Too

rpearson
New Community Member

I went to a webpage to donate to the family of someone who had been killed in an accident. The page used PayPal who, without making it clear at all, routed my payment through BillMeLater. I did not select it - I had never intended to use it for any reason except keeping PayPal from having unlimited access to my bank account. PayPal had required a PayMe Later account or full access to my bank account to allow me to keep using their service (even though I had years of spotless transactions with them.)

So I get a bill for $25 from BillMeLater. The fine print said that, if I paid late, there would be a $25 fee (100%) plus interest. Of course, BillMeLater will accept nothing but checks. Despite being owned by one of the wolrd's largest online money transfer companies, BilMeLater will not accept debit cards or credit cards. The only way to pay them is to send a check or give them the ability to deduct from my bank account.

It never ceases to amaze me what corporate shills will do to make money without working for it.  

Login to Me Too

rpearson
New Community Member

As a result of this attempt at larceny, I will cancel both PayPal and PayMeLater. This entity is not worthy to do business in the USA...and that's a pretty low bar. 

Login to Me Too

putz86
Contributor
Contributor

Right off the FAQ page of billmelater & paypal....

How do I pay my Bill Me Later balance?

Simply log in to PayPal.com. Your Account Overview summary will show your current Bill Me Later balance. Pay your Bill Me Later balance from either your PayPal balance or your bank account. You can choose to pay in full now or over time (interest charges may apply).

It seems to me, everyone is blaming bill me later......please read the FAQs or fine print when ever you sign up with a company or partnering company.
Thank you.
Login to Me Too

ltnprncess
New Community Member

I wouldn't bother with the hard inquiry on your credit for this company.  I've used Paypal with no problems and Ebay as well.  I recently signed up for Bill Me Later to purchase a camera and found their financing to be pretty good.  I've had nothing but problems with them.  Each purchase I've tried to make has been declined. I'm no where near my credit limit.  Each time I have to call their customer service dept. It's a security issue and they make you answer questions from decades ago! They go through the same questions you would if you were signing up to view your credit online. Um, didn't we already go through this?! The last time I managed to have the charge approved.  Today, again the same deal. Except this time I now have to send in documentation to prove I am who I say I am. It's been incredibly frustrating.  I plan on paying off this account and never using it again!   

Login to Me Too

vincelluong
New Community Member
Don't ever use bill me later its a scam with hidden fees and will screw you over at the end.. you are better off getting money from a personal loan from a bank where they will tell you how your getting screw over with lower interest rate. Where bill me later is not going tell you anything but screw you over with a high interest rate soo I advise you not to used this POS service BILL ME LATER IS A PIECE OF S#*T SERVICE
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.