Current Bill Me Later reviews??

krl109
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm thinking about trying Bill Me Later for some future purchases, but feel that I need some second opinions before making the decision. I've seen some posts about cases where customer service is incompetent to resolve problems, account linking problems, checkout problems, not recieving the promotions, etc. Where does BML stand today?? Has the feature improved lately?? Or is it still having problems?? 

Also, are there extra fees that you pay when making the monthly payments on what you buy? Or any other hidden things??

And since it's my first time using a credit line type of system, what are the basic things to understand about them?? Like APR and interest rates and what not.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

Hausofshoes
Contributor
Contributor

DISGUSTING! DO NOT USE BILL ME LATER! THEY'RE FIRST OBLIGATION IS ONLY LOOKING TO COLLECT INTEREST! BILL ME LATER IS NOT A FUDICIARY FINACIAL SERVICE PROVIDER! THEY'RE CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVES DO NOT SERVICE AS FUDICIARIES!

"I would rather buy a Christian Louboutin pump that walked in dog doo doo on park avenue than work with what they call "Customer Care" representatives" - Yours truly!

In my most recent transation history I made a purchase through PayPal. At the time of purchase I was offered the 6 month promotion in which I would not be charged interest six months after they charged my account. At the time I did not have enough available credit in my BILL ME LATER account and paid for the transaction through funds I had available in PAYPAL.

I really wanted to use BILL ME LATERs 6 month promotion and service to establish credibility and honor between BILL ME LATERs company and I (You know they way credit works, hence the word credibility). So I had the seller refund me my PAYPAL payment so that I could apply those funds to paying down some of my previous BILL ME LATER 6 month promotional account balance to open up just enough available credit to recharge the transaction through BILL ME LATER and receive the 6 month (no interest) promotion on my most recent purchase. I did so, yet this time BILL ME LATER did not give me the 6 month promotional service in which they were offering me at the time of the original transaction.

A Company with a Fudiciary Duty would not promote a promotion in which you were not able to take advantage of. BILL ME LATER is a company based on the coercion in regards to making interest off of you. DISGUSTING!

I NEVER WANT TO BE AFFILIATED WITH BILL ME LATER AGAIN!

Terms you need to know! ❤️ You'll thank me later!

A fiduciary is a legal or ethical relationship of trust between two or more parties. Typically, a fiduciary prudently takes care of money for another person. One party, for example a corporate trust company or the trust department of a bank, acts in a fiduciary capacity to the other one, who for example has entrusted funds to the fiduciary for safekeeping or investment. Likewise, asset managers--including managers of pension plans, endowments and other tax-exempt assets--are considered fiduciaries under applicable statutes and laws.[1] In a fiduciary relationship, one person, in a position of vulnerability, justifiably vests confidence, good faith, reliance and trust in another whose aid, advice or protection is sought in some matter. In such a relation good conscience requires the fiduciary to act at all times for the sole benefit and interest of the one who trusts. .

Coercion /kˈɜrʃən/ is the practice of forcing another party to act in an involuntary manner (whether through action or inaction) by use of intimidation or threats or some other form of pressure or force, and describes a set of various different similar types of forceful actions that violate the free will of an individual to induce a desired response. These actions can include, but are not limited to, extortion, blackmail, torture, and threats to induce favors. In law, coercion is codified as a duress crime. Such actions are used as leverage, to force the victim to act in a way contrary to their own interests. Coercion may involve the actual infliction of physical pain/injury or psychological harm in order to enhance the credibility of a threat. The threat of further harm may lead to the cooperation or obedience of the person being coerced.[citation needed]

Login to Me Too

lglduck

Oh wow! I wish I had read these posts before June.  Bill Me Later is screwing me out of over $100.00 in fees and interest for a $35 item that was incorrectlly and unknowingly billed to an old bill me later account I had.  I emailed to question it and was told I had to call, I called and nobody would talk to me, was told to write a letter. Wouldnt even give me a supervisor.  I write.  My response? A one line generic letter that says we cant help you. So, I paid the stupid fees (which are exorbitant!!) just to be done and asked my account be closed, zero balance.  What happens?  AFTER I asked my account be closed they wait 5 days to close it to they can assess me another month of ****** fees!!  I call, nobody cares, "sorry I cant help you", you need to write. I write.  What do I get? Another generic freakin letter, sorry I cant help. They dont want to address why more fees were added to my account after I asked it be closed. So now I am stuck, if I dont pay the balance, more  fees will keep being added but why should I pay for something that's not right?  After reading posts on here, I am going to make a complaint to my State's AG's office, this is definitely a scam operation.  if you are thinking about opening an account, DONT!

Login to Me Too

mjk2
Contributor
Contributor

Afetr numeorus problems I closed my BillMeLater account 10 minutes ago. Missing statements, inaccurate information on how to avoid  finance charges, duplicate interst entries, a complete mish-mash in Quicken between PayPal and BML entries. The $50+ interest entry immediately after paying a "pay this amount to avoid finance charges" was the last straw.

But maybe it's me. Perhaps after almost 50 years using credit and  almost 20 years as a banking lawyer I just don't understand how this is supposed to work.

Nice idea. Horrible execution. Almost wants me to get rid of PayPal altogether.

Login to Me Too

emudrumline

Don't use Bill Me Later. After I changed to my married name, I tried logging into my account when making a purchase. It made a duplicate account for me. When they merged them finally, My payments skyrocketed an additional $60 a month more than I had been paying, even though we paid off the balance of the new purchase that same month. My husband recently lost his job and started somewhere else. I had to make a payment in two installments. I asked them AHEAD OF TIME if we could lower payments or if I could have more time with no penalty. They hit me with a LATE FEE even though I paid partial balance, even though I have a flawless on time payment history with every company SINCE THE DAY I HAD CREDIT and resumed making HARASSING PHONECALLS minimum 5 times a day. No exaggeration. Literally 5 times every day. They never left a voicemail so I used reverse phone lookup. I called it and the rep's response was she couldn't explain the higher payments and it is what it is. They kept asking me for a payment and I said I advised them in advance my husband lost his job, I needed an extra week. I said it's extremely rude to call me several times a day and not leave a voicemail. I don't answer numbers I don't know. How am I supposed to know what they are calling for? And I work for the collection office of a hospital, I know they use these call logs as "ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT" in case they send you to a collection agency. The rep said they are not allowed to leave voicemails. I told her she was right full of it, my name is on the voicemail. They can legally say who they are calling for and where from and a callback number. The harassing calls got so bad I added a number blocker to my phone. I made the rest of that payment ontime and I am in the process of closing all my accounts related to PAYPAL.

I do not appreciate BEING TREATED LIKE A DEADBEAT when I have been a fantastic customer for over 7 years.

If it was worth my time I would call customer service 5 times a day to see how it makes you feel, but it would be wrong to subject your employees to the harassment that is your policy. I'm thankful our organization treats the customers better than yours. At least I can go home and live with myself at night.

Login to Me Too

Susui
Contributor
Contributor

I do not understand all of the negative comments about Bill Me Later! 

I have used their service for several years and never had a problem.  Their Customer Service has always been friendly and helpful.  I have used them for small purchases such as postage on mail and large purchases that qualified for six months to pay.  There has never been a problem.  All you have to do is understand the terms of your agreement with them.  If you don't understand, talk to Customer Service and they will clarify for you.  I love Bill me later and PayPal!  I will continue to use them.

Right now there are some great discounts and specials available if you use your Bill Me Later account or Paypal at the stores that  accept PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Pcactive

Exactly!!!  Woman Happy

Login to Me Too

Mike10
New Community Member

Do not use BILL ME LATER.  They will charge you fees that you don't know about and their customer service can not or will not do anything.  You will have to MAIL the main office for this to a P.O. Box 5018, in Timonium, MD 21093.  Look on line and you will see all the compliants about this company.  This is NOT a company that ANYONE should do business with.  I like EBAY and have used PAYPAL for years, but this BILL ME LATER is not the soame company.  WATCH YOUR BACK WITH THIS OUTFIT.

Login to Me Too

mel-bill
New Community Member

I agree with some prior comments....this "division" is a rip off.  I had received an email notifying me I had a BillMe Later  debt due Dec1.    I did not create a Bill me later account.  Some how in trying to pay for a $5 item 3 months ago,   I am now responsible for $12 , because of late fees.  Fortunately, it is a small charge, so I payed it and I immediately cancelled the account.....RIP OFF....RIP OFF....RIP OFF.          

Login to Me Too

Xj00

I am having trouble being approved for bill me later and i don't know why, also i tried to call to ask questions but apparently i have to already have an account to even use the stupid number they provide. is it even worth trying to get bill me later?

Login to Me Too

Xj00

I tried to get a bill me later account and was denied why? the response i get emailed is so vauge and the number I called won't patch me through unless i already have an account which is why im calling so what am i supposed to do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.