Only charging one shipping fee for multiple quantities

bdp31770
Contributor
Contributor

Our paypal button is only charging once for shipping, even if they order multiples of the same item. How do I change this? Thank you for any suggestions.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

bdp31770
Contributor
Contributor

Im trying to add a shipping calculator, but how do I make it charge different shipping for different products? For example, Product A is $5 shipping per item, and Product B is $10. It seems with the calculator I can only charge one shipping amount per item.

Login to Me Too

messyme
New Community Member

You;'re doing better than I am.  I can't get it to charge anything.

Login to Me Too

mfrances
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having exactly the same trouble. It's ignoring the shipping and shipping2 variables and always using the default shipping calculator.

I was thinking of just making the shipping into "handling" and trying that variable but that still means setting shipping to zero for that item, which means getting that variable working. 

REALLY  need to be able to create and name a shipping profile like XYZ and then in my item tell paypal that it uses profile XYZ. That would revolutionize this thing. The fact that I can configure the calculator to ship items to Ohio by weight and items to Indiana by quantity and items to Iowa by price is tragic-comedy, really. 

We are selling two things. Just two, and the cart features are totally insufficient for that, but it's not worth a 3rd party cart for a mere two items. Kinda stuck in the middle here. 😞

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello bdp31770,

You can set up shipping calculations in the profile of your PayPal account by clicking on profile (under my account), then click on Shipping Calculations. You can set up the shipping by total order amount, order weight, or item quantity.  I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

serienoir
New Community Member

That won't work for me. Different items different shipping rate. Can't calculate by weight because of the different items.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.