Raise Money for a cause

SleepyOC
New Community Member
I was wondering why when I was creating the account for a cause it said that PayPal would put your story up in front of charity's and other entities that could maybe assist you with your cause and I thought that was such a wonderful idea because the other sites like go fund me only want you to ask your family and friends which is kind of silly because I'm sure most of us have already exhausted the resources all ready or don't have the sources at all. I thought that would be great platform to bring my cause to and pay pal to extend their resources out to the community like that but when I was at the end it asked me who I wanted to send this to out of my emails, Facebook etc... or who I didn't want to receive this. Well I didn't want family and friends to know we were still struggling between bills, surgeries, doctors and medical supplies so I said avoid family and friends thinking that if PayPal was sending our info out to charities like they said they were that they would understand the struggles if not with money with medical supplies like a hoist, bed etc... but it was like I figured it was just like the other program ask your family. Why does everyone think its better to misslead people, because in the end people will lose faith in you as a whole. It seems like pay pal is tied in with some of these shaddy gaming company's that never pay anyone and now the charity thing seems to be false unless I'm truly to believe not one charity would not help a struggling family with 3 children, a disabled husband with medical supplies, bills, etc.. I am not that lost on hope , faith, goodwill, and blessings to think there isn't 1 kind person out there to assist. I am more apt to believe that pay pal didn't keep its word by spreading the word. Im just wondering why you would do that build up someone's hope and will you delete my message for asking?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.