Paypal Here credit card in person payments showing pending, not charging card

TBFID
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using PayPal Here on a Samsung tablet. Card present in person payment on a chip reader sale. Payment looks like it goes through, says remove card, doesn't ask for a signature from customer, and then shows as saved or pending in the app. Customer says it shows a charge on their bank, but it isn't actually charging. Shows pending or on hold after a bit in the app on my end. Doesn't do it on every transaction, just randomly. Not sure what to do, I can't cancel it and redo it from the app, if I re-run the card it shows a double payment so I think it is doing an authorization instead of actually charging?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Megan

@TBFID,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community. 

It does sound like you're referring to a pending authorization. To complete the payment, you'll first need to capture the funds.

To do this, 

You'll want to locate the authorization within your PayPal activity page. In the "Actions," drop down, you should see the option to capture the funds. You'll want to select that and follow the steps from there. 

If the authorization is successfully captured, the funds should appear in your account immediately.

Thank you,

-Megan

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.