Payment Notifications

SouthportU3A
Contributor
Contributor

We are a charity with 1200 members.  We hope to collect 500 or so annual membership renewals (£10 each) using Paypal in August.  As Membership Secretary I would email  all the members, including a PayPal link in the message. I need to know what the treasurer will receive.  He would like a single payment each day covering those who renewed in one day (E.g. £100) and a list of the members who made the payments.  He would update the accounts and would forward the list of renewals to the membership Secretary.

Is this how Paypal works, or would the 10 payments on the day be totally independent, inceasing the load on the treasurer.

I'm sorry if this question is too basic, but I have been searching for answers for some time 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Basically a donor would receive your email with the donation link - the donor clicks on the link and is redirected to PayPal to make the donation.  Once the donor completes the transaction, the PayPal Account owner or email address that is registered with the account will get a notification of the transaction and there will also be a notice of the transaction in the PayPal Account Activity Section.   The donation amount minus the transaction processing fee will then be deposited into the PayPal Account Balance.   As for how the data from the donors is handled or managed is up to you or who ever is keeping track of the donations.  There's no options or features to control the number of donations received per day, you could receive 1 or 50 transactions. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Basically a donor would receive your email with the donation link - the donor clicks on the link and is redirected to PayPal to make the donation.  Once the donor completes the transaction, the PayPal Account owner or email address that is registered with the account will get a notification of the transaction and there will also be a notice of the transaction in the PayPal Account Activity Section.   The donation amount minus the transaction processing fee will then be deposited into the PayPal Account Balance.   As for how the data from the donors is handled or managed is up to you or who ever is keeping track of the donations.  There's no options or features to control the number of donations received per day, you could receive 1 or 50 transactions. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.