Is shipping information required to win a dispute/claim?

amaikai
New Community Member

Recently I sold an item to a buyer on Depop. I did not send the item with a tracking number, but I do have a literal video of me sending off the package at the USPS Post Office. The video includes literally any information which you might imagine, but most importantly, it shows that the item left my possession. The buyer claims that the package never arrived and made a claim, is there anything I can do? I cannot submit the video as proof because the file size is too large. If the package really did get lost, is it really a seller's fault if USPS loses a package? Super stressed!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @amaikai,

I'm sorry to hear that you sent an item without tracking. Seller Protection does require that tracking be provided, and that it show delivery to the buyer. For more information about Seller Protection, please take a look at this article and/or the User Agreement, which can be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website.

One way to look at it is that the buyer is counting on the receipt of the item, the same way they would from any merchant or store. The shipping company that you select is your contractor in your obligation to make sure that the buyer does receive that item. If your contractor does not deliver the item, it's your obligation to rectify the situation with the buyer, and then you have the option to pursue compensation from the contractor as a secondary action outside of the original transaction.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.