How I lost in a False Dispute (Chargeback from my buyer)

sahivishal
Contributor
Contributor

I am a full-time web developer and couple month back I delivered a website to my customer for which he paid me 2 times through PayPal ($500 each time). He was happy with the service till I delivered the website since I have all the proofs (emails showing his words, he is happy with my work) and once its all done, he falsely made a dispute in PayPal for chargeback and asking for the refund of his money.

I was like WHAT?? He suddenly stopped communication and replying me on skype and my emails. He asked for a chargeback of $1000USD he paid me in 2 installments.

PayPal escalated the dispute and started an investigation. I provided all the details of service I delivered. Even after a month, no reply from PayPal and my balance was -$1000 (PayPal subtracted its commission although)

When I contacted PayPal for this, they said, The issue escalated to the credit card issuer of the buyer and the last decision would be of buyer's credit card issuer. After around 45 days, PayPal replied that credit card issuer delivered the dispute in buyer's favor and I LOSE.

It's is not a matter of money but a matter of principle. I've been cheated and PayPal has nothing to do except making excuses.

Now, what can I do? I've been robbed for $1000 😞

There is no rule and protection of seller in PayPal. Anyone can make a false dispute and chargeback after receiving the product (especially intangible)

Please comment below and share your views.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sahivishal

You are correct in that Paypal state in their seller protection policy that you have no protection in the event of an unauthorised dispute OR a chargeback made directly to the buyers credit card issuer...........you can sell those items but at your own risk. 

You may be able to take private legal action dependent on how much info you have on the buyer and what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.