Getting over $2k negative paypal balance.

JSNPOH
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been selling digital product (game item) since June 2020, until a few weeks ago (Late-August), i kind of stopped selling due to an increased in buyer fraud etc. I believe a few different ebay users who purchased the digital products are the same person behind it. One day, a buyer even messaged me that she didn’t make the purchase (via ebay) and told me not to send. And minutes later, the same user told me the game details (for me to deliver the digital game product). So obviously, there were two different person using the account. I reported this to ebay live support along with other accounts which I suspected could be “hacked” and used to make purchases without authorisation. Ebay support replied that they also believe that those accounts were “hacked” and told me they will investigate it. After that incident, i then only noticed that there were many similar ebay users who make purchases and calling me “sis.. (game details etc)” and i delivered the first few orders as i did not sense anything suspicious. It’s only a few days later i felt that those accounts were hacked as game details given to me were similar but i checked the names/addresses they were completely different. Now, for the past few days, numerous buyers have been filing a charge back against me. And even a buyer who made large purchases (over $2k USD) back in July also charged back, and about $1k usd has been refunded, leaving my paypal in negative balance. I tried contacting support but they replied late, and it has already been 1-2 days since the money got back to the buyer. I even messaged the buyer, and he just blocked me after i asked him “Why did you file a chargeback?” I don’t know how/why this is happening, and i strongly believe one/a group of people were behind this. Trying to use other “hacked” accounts to make small to large purchases and giving the game items to them. So those money were illegally used i guess? All in all, i basically resell the digital products as i buy at a cheap price and resell at a slightly higher price and the negative paypal balance is more than how much I’ve made for the past few months. Every time i contact paypal support they just told me to wait for it to be reviewed and after some of them were reviewed, they will just say it’s out of their control etc: Ebay live support is just sweet talking and they don’t much in helping anyways other than asking me to contact paypal on this issue when i strongly believe the problem started because of their flaw in security and letting their users get hacked etc and make unauthorised purchases like this. So my questions is, - I have negative paypal balance, and I don’t intend to pay it because i was “scammed”. How can i resolve this / win back all my money? Thank you!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JSNPOH
Contributor
Contributor
To add on, i expect more chargebacks to be filed because and i assume people are realising that they made purchases that weren’t authorised by them. + Ebay support told me to deliver if i felt confident.... blah blah
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.