Buyer refuse to pay for import duty! Please help!

Fairtrade000

Buyer refuse to pay for import duty and open a NRD on PayPal? Package is sitting in custom now. She emailed me on eBay that the custom want her to send the invoice, I told her to print them on eBay and she refuse. She said she told the custom that the products are for free. Of course they don’t believe her, and that is why it is taking time for her to receive the products. She now open a none receipt dispute with us and wants money back while the products are still sitting in the custom. She can get her refund and then pay for the tax to the custom and got our products for free. How can I avoid such scam? This is so u fair for seller to face such problem!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fairtrade000 

Here is what may happen, PayPal will refund her because tracking does not show delivered but if she is refunded and then goes and pays the duties to get the item out, then this will show in the tracking. You show PayPal this delivered status in the tracking, complain and ask them to give you a complimentary refund. Otherwise, those goods should be returned to your IF they are not picked up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Fairtrade000
Is this works? Will PayPal just tell me to work it out with the buyer instead of giving my money back? I have all the email from buyer that she told me she tells custom that this is for free, so custom don’t believe her and not release the package. I told her to pay the duty and you can get it, she said it’s taking too long time and she wants a refund. I am worryvthisbwillbtakes up a long time and PayPal will refuse if thevtrscking number shows deliveried after a long period of time.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.