got message about buyer got hacked

blizard3115
New Community Member

so i decided to sell game code,someone bought from me the product code,after the payment is sent product code,next day i got message about the seller was hacked from ebay,so i want to know will i get my money? because i already sent product code in message and its already used,so i will receive refund from ebay?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blizard3115 

Only if your transaction meets the basic and additional requirements for seller protection do you get money back but that decision of course rests solely on PayPal whether they want to cover you or not. If not, then you do not get your money back. In your specific case, your transaction involves intangible items, including Digital Goods and services so you will not likely get money back or seller protection coverage should the money be refunded to the buyer. Sell such things as game codes/accounts at your own risk.

If you need further assistance, contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

You can also contact eBay's customer service for questions about this by clicking Help & Contact on top of the page at the eBay website.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blizard3115 

Only if your transaction meets the basic and additional requirements for seller protection do you get money back but that decision of course rests solely on PayPal whether they want to cover you or not. If not, then you do not get your money back. In your specific case, your transaction involves intangible items, including Digital Goods and services so you will not likely get money back or seller protection coverage should the money be refunded to the buyer. Sell such things as game codes/accounts at your own risk.

If you need further assistance, contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

You can also contact eBay's customer service for questions about this by clicking Help & Contact on top of the page at the eBay website.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.