What should I do with this?

Kevbottron
Contributor
Contributor

What do I do with the $990 that is sitting waiting to be received that I received as part o a chargeback/refund scam/scheme? I disputed everything that happened a long time ago (iirc like 2019), but the $990 was never removed from my account. Is it mine to use now, or does it just have to sit there? What happens if someone wants to send me money, will it add to that, or be a separate instance?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Kevbottron
Contributor
Contributor
Is it OK to just take the money? The exact happening was someone would send me money (not someone I knew, and I dont run a business) and then refund it, likely to a different account, leaving me in the negative. I disputed everything going on and got everything fixed, and it has since stopped, but now there is just $990 USD sitting in my waiting to be received, and I dont know what to do with it. At the time, I think PayPal said they couldn't remove it, but I dont know if someone can send me money or not with that sitting there, or if it counts as my money now. I would thing if there was an issue, it would have come up in the two years since, but I just don't know
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.