ebay purchase 5 months ago - Buyer now saying they didnt approve the transaction

hawklouise
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community:

Back in January I sold a John Lewis sleeping bags 18-36 months 2.5 tog for boy or girl autumn / winter. 

The potential buyer, bids and then wins the item. I post out (2nd class). All is well. Then, a whole five months later the buyer claims through their bank that they did not approve this transaction. No further detail is given to me. PayPal remove the money from my account and my account is locked. A further charge has been added for paypal costs! WHAT???!!

Why is this my fault? Why am I having to pay for this?

I go back to eBay... and they cannot help as it has passed the three month window. I cannot view the listing, emails or buyer details as it is over three months. As it was 2nd class and not a high price item, when posting I did not add the tracking number.  I always keep the paperwork for two months. Unfortunately, I no longer have the paperwork. 

On speaking with PAYPAL... I HAVE NO SUPPORT. Everything is in the favour of the buyer.

1. Email is sent to ebay account stating they have bidded

2. Email is sent to ebay account stating they have won

3. Email is sent once they have paid through Ebay

4. Email and or Text is sent saying they have approved a payment via PayPal

5. You get a monthly statement online and or paper

All payments are approved on paypal. Surely this is paypals problem, not mine. I am so upset and angry.
What is this to do with me?  Regardless of postage... the person is saying they did not approve the transaction. 
Any insight into how to reach someone with Paypal who can tell why am I being charged for fraudulent activity on paypal?? 

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.