Scammer was trying to scam me by buying my account but he put the payment on hold

boyhelmet
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help me regarding having negative funds? The story behind this was when a scammer tried to scam me by buying my account. We all know if there's gonna be a payment from any international country, it will take us a minimum of 3days for us to receive the payment. Also note that, I did not receive any money from the buyer but PAYPAL charged me for what the buyer has "PAID" me. PAYPAL should even check it or my payment history if I did receive any. I did not receive anything. Why would paypal charge me for that?

You guys can check the first picture I have posted. Also, be aware of that name. All of his accounts were tagged as "High Risk" on the website we were using. 

You can also refer to the 2nd picture for my recent activity history. Clearly, you can see here I did not receive anything from him. But still PAYPAL charged for what?! 

I tried to contact Paypal but it's so hard to connect with them. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much!

PS I am streaming and the account I was selling is my account in a game where I use that account. Why would I even risk my page/channel for that if I was the one trying the scam the buyer?

boyhelmet_0-1620263818755.png

boyhelmet_1-1620263893431.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@boyhelmet 

Yes, PayPal charge a dispute fee now and transaction fee for accepting goods and services payments in general but if the payment is later refunded the fee is not refundable.

Not sure why they did not put the fee in the “fee amount”  column where it says “Payment from” but they put it in the “PayPal Transaction Fee” field in the first picture.

The transaction had no seller protection either.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

boyhelmet
Contributor
Contributor

Can this be solved? That fee is kinda huge. Why do I have to pay for this fee? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.