PAYPAL CHARGE BACK FROM OUTSIDE MERCHANT SCAM HELP

paperposter
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a very expensive itiem on ebay the buyer wanted to return it . sent a return lable even though I have a no return policy.

he had the return lable for 3 weeks never sent the itiem back ebay closed the case and ruled in my favor.

during this time he calls his credit card company to dispute the charge and do a charge back.  so paypal did nothing to help ruled against me  and is going after me for all the money of the chargeback plus a 20$ extra fee. paypal isn't demanding the itiem worth over 1k to be returned

this a scam that's going around they buy the dispute it with there bank and get the money and itiem

any help or suggestions

I know ebay is starting there own payment  again wich ill tart to use  .ive been a paypal member from day 1 with no problems

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paperposter 

It's clear that this buyer just wants their money back without doing a return or perhaps they took so long, slept on returning item that they lost the case.

By the way, the "no return policy' at eBay will only apply when the buyer files a buyer's remorse return. It doesn't apply to SNADs. So, do not think that a "no return" policy applies across the board. It does not. If you had failed to accept the SNAD return on eBay, there's the saying, "No returns, don't mean no refunds."

Of course, if the buyer does not return the item when you accept a SNAD return, they'll ultimately lose the case. You are not charged for the return label if it is not used.

Now, credit card chargebacks are a different animal entirely. PayPal doesn't decide those. If the card issuer refunds the buyer, PayPal is obligated to refund the card issuer. Should a credit card chargeback is filed because of SNAD, you are not protected under PayPal seller protection, its in the seller protection terms. You're only protected from item not received or unauthorized payment with proof of delivery. The card issuer usually don't require the buyer to return the item.

I wonder if the buyer is barred from filing a credit card chargeback under eBay's Managed Payments.

You have to keep sweating PayPal to give you a courtesy refund if your account is great standing because I can't see them reimbursing you if the chargeback reason is because of SNAD.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal doesn't protect in the case of charge-backs. That's why no seller is safe on PayPal no matter how much you follow the rules. All you can do is file a police report. Take it as a learning experience. Don't sell anything expensive using PayPal, and if you can don't use eBay or PayPal at all for selling items. Speaking from personal experience, was charged-back as well for an item. It costed about $400. I actually ended up being banned from PayPal due to this (believe it or not). When PayPal says their disputing it with the buyer's financial institution. They're actually not doing a thing, but pretending to instead.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.