My buyer sent me an invoice

Mickhaela
Contributor
Contributor
There’s this online game where this man is going to send me a huge amount of money and in return I give him a gift from the game. After agreeing the terms, he sent me an invoice saying he sent me this amount. But was still unable to reflect in my account because it showed PAID (PROTECTION), he will remove protection once I send the gift. Now I can see it was removed and now shows PAID (BANK TRANSFER). He said it will show up in 1-3 business days or maybe hours. Should I be concerned this is a fraud?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mickhaela,

I'm sorry to hear that you are in this situation. If a buyer sent you an invoice and marked it paid, that is likely meant to try to trick you into sending the item even though no actual payment has been sent. An invoice is a request for payment, not a payment itself.

Please never send an item until and unless there is a transaction in your transaction details that shows that payment has been received.

I hope this information helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mickhaela
Contributor
Contributor
Is there any way I can get the money? It’s a really huge amount 😞 or maybe any way you can report this customer or maybe investigate him and his transactions. Yes it was my faulty at some point. But I just want to do whatever I can for now please help 😭
Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @Mickhaela

I am sorry. PayPal wouldn't be able to force payment.

You can report the activity by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal page then select 'Email us'. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.