Help with refunding a dress

karahein
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am a first time ebay seller and someone wants to return a Camilla dress i sent to them. They opened a dispute in Paypal stating:"The item was significantly different to how it was described" I messaged her and she said it was due to pulling on the inside of the dress & sent me a picture. - The outside of dress excellent condition.  Although i believe that I have given them a very fair price for the item (I even reduced the price by $65) and the issues they have found are minor, I have agreed to refund the money. However when I press on "refund and close button" in the Paypal resolution centre, a message pops up saying: "You're refunding $175.00 AUD. The buyer is not required to return the item. This case will be closed when you send the refund to the buyer." I am scared if i go ahead and 'refund and close', that she wont return my dress. I already feel that this process has take up a lot of my time and feel that I sold it for less than it was worth....Does this also mean that I have to pay for postage? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karahein 

No, see if you can escalate the case for PayPal to step in and make a ruling. If PayPal rules in favor of the buyer, they must return, on their own dime, the item first before getting a refund. If you click issue refund and close case, it'll do just that and don't require buyer to return item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karahein 

No, see if you can escalate the case for PayPal to step in and make a ruling. If PayPal rules in favor of the buyer, they must return, on their own dime, the item first before getting a refund. If you click issue refund and close case, it'll do just that and don't require buyer to return item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.