Ebay REDIRECT scam, INSURANCE, and (restricted?) SIGNATURE DELIVERY question for HIGH DOLLAR items

hotwheels2222
Contributor
Contributor

hi all.

i've been trying to study up and never quite nailed this issue. i am occasionally selling high dollar items in Ebay but also outside ebay and this redirect scam has me a tad confused. so i am hoping an experienced seller can advise me on how to ship high dollar items.

0. should i ship through the ebay shipment UI in all cases when i am shipping an ebay listed item as i currently believe? should i be using USPS or FedEx? should i be CHECKING or UNCHECKING any specific shipping options?

1. should i put a signature deliver on all high dollar items? and if so is there such a thing as my being able to put a "restricted" delivery signature where i list the actual buyers name?

2. do i get insurance in all cases and put the actual value of the item on the insurance? is this a no questions asked process if the buyer states they did not get the item and i don't find that i received it?

3. can i do something to stay out of this redirect scam? is there an option to check a DO NOT REDIRECT option in Ebay? in USPS? in FedEx? can i print DO NOT REDIRECT on a package and photograph it and save myself from this scam this way?

4. are there an PAYPAL REQUIREMENTS that i need to confirm to that i may not be aware of

5. it it /sufficient/ for me to check that PAYMENT is actually made in my paypal account and that the RECIPIENTS NAME and the PAYMENT NAME in PAYPAL is the same or do i need to verify OTHER THINGS?

THANKS for any advice.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.