Buyer just issued a $800 chargeback on item Not As Described. Am I gonna get scammed?

Scohr
Contributor
Contributor

So I sold 2 collectible items brand new sealed over Facebook.  Buyer opened both of them, found one had a small defect and wanted to return both (once opened they lost significant value). I offered to take the defective item back, but not the other one. Buyer filed a claim, but when I called customer service, the automated message said they had filed a chargeback? I can’t find anywhere in the claim it was a chargeback.

I’ve heard nightmares if sellers losing chargebacks and never getting their items back. Am I at risk here of getting scammed? The claim the buyer filed states that 1 item is fine and the other one has a small defect. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

EJ89

I am not an expert and hopefully someone answers you, however since the item was opened and can't be returned to you to its original condition 

I believe there shouldn't be a chargeback or refund. Contact PayPal or the bank and request photos of the damage and upload on your case claim the photos of the item you shipped which was sealed and explain the problem and how it lost a lot of value.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.