BUYER REMORSE DISPUTE, ON THE THIRD TRY BUYER WON

mobbre
Contributor
Contributor

Sold a $1300 set of used cookware back in January.  Buyer requested return stating, in writing, they made a mistake purchase, thought it was new and now doesn't want it.  I denied return.  They escalated to ebay.  Ebay denied the return, case closed.  Buyer opened up Paypal case for not as described.  I submitted proof of buyer's statements that it was a mistake purchase on their part and ebay had already denied return.  Paypal case was found in my favor.  Buyer then submitted a charge back to their credit card company.  Another paypal case is opened.  today I get an email stating the case is now found in her favor.  HOW THE HECK DOES THIS HAPPEN???  How do I appeal this?  I have everything in write that it's buyer mistake aka buyer remorse and the case was already decided in my favor TWICE! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mobbre 

A chargeback is done directly via the buyers card issuer if the buyer funded their paypal payment that way.

Its the card issuer that makes all the decisions and all paypal can do is pass on information on your behalf to them.

If they find in favour of their client then you end up refunding + footing the card issuers processing fees unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mobbre 

A chargeback is done directly via the buyers card issuer if the buyer funded their paypal payment that way.

Its the card issuer that makes all the decisions and all paypal can do is pass on information on your behalf to them.

If they find in favour of their client then you end up refunding + footing the card issuers processing fees unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.