Advice please, I have just been scammed!

Tylrmde
Contributor
Contributor

I am a seller in Ireland. I just received the results of a case/claim opened by a buyer. He claimed he received an item different from what he ordered/payed for. This is not the case. I am a small private seller and trade in used music gear and PC parts to support my hobbies. I never owned an item he claimed he received. I have been unemployed since the start of the pandemic. I cannot aford to get scammed like this. My trust is totally eroded in PayPal based on the terrible system for resolving these issues. They have asked him to return the item he claims he received. Not alone that, the internet is awash with people saying they fell prey to the same scam and it appears PayPal have no interest in trying to stop it. I have already decided to suspend using PayPal for receiving paymants. I am strongly considering closing my account altogether as I no longer see any benefit in continuing to use PayPal.

Can anyone out there tell me if they managed to get any satisfactory resolution to a similar incident? How did you get it? Did anyone report the issue to the Gardai (Police) as fraud? How did they deal with it? Did PayPal provide any support or assistance in dealing with the Gardai (Police)?

Thanks in advance for any replies or advice offered!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.