payment methods

jontty
Contributor
Contributor

all online purchases on my pc are automatically paid without my password consent How do I stop this happening if my device fell into wrong hands this is a huge security risk

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

jontty
Contributor
Contributor

In my settings after selecting security there is no sub heading auto log in

Login to Me Too

jontty
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the reply however selecting settings the security there is no "auto login"  sub heading so still not solved

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jontty 

I have a UK personal account and yes there is. Click on settings and then security is in the white band just below the options in the blue band above it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jontty
Contributor
Contributor

jontty_0-1705953476244.png

None of the manage options gives me options to change auto logins

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. @kernowlass, we appreciate your help on this thread so far. Thanks for your time and expertise. 

Hello @jontty, I'm sorry to hear you've run into issues with auto-logins recently. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache, cookies, and history recently? That Settings and Security page may not be displaying the proper options if your browser is working off older / outdated information. Also, you may want to check your browser settings to make sure it's not saving any passwords or login details. If after you check those two options, and you're still seeing automatic logins, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Best wishes, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Grimreepr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In case that link won't load:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is One Touch and how do I use it?

One TouchTM allows you to log in automatically on your phone, tablet, or computer for faster checkout at eligible sites. The feature is optional and keeps your financial information secure. To help you manage it, we'll automatically turn it off on any devices you haven't used in a while. 

You can activate One TouchTM in 2 ways:

1. When you’re checking out with PayPal and initially log in, select "Stay logged in for faster purchases.” You’ll activate One TouchTM for that specific device and browser and for all eligible sites.
  2. Activate One TouchTM on our website. 

Here's how to deactivate One TouchTM:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Click Security. 
  3. Click Update next to "Auto Login."
  4. Click Turn off.

Don’t share your device if you're using One TouchTM. If your device is stolen, contact us immediately and log out of your PayPal account.

Get more OneTouchTM details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.