Why Telephone and Chat customer service doesn't work

TheManx
Contributor
Contributor

So Paypal processed 5 transactions with my bank, none of which displayed on my transaction history for just 2 purchases and there was no consistent pattern to any of it. It looked like something individuals where doing. I called the bank who confirmed it was Paypal. I called the Paypal customer service line at[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and the call was immediately dropped into a music hold queue with no "Hello" or announcement message of any kind. I've tried this over several days and gotten exactly the same response. When I tried today at 10:30 AM , I sat on hold for 1 hour and 1 minute listening to the hold music while also trying to get service through the chat.

The customer service line never answered and never gave me the opportunity to use the "one time Expedite code" they provided.

Here I am 6 hours later. "Chingky" the customer service person I'm dealing with in chat,  doesn't respond to anything in less than a half hour and is given to asking questions that have nothing to do with anything and then taking 30+ minutes to continue the conversation with the next question/comment. in fact, we haven't gotten past the second comment from "Chingky"

Chinky's last question to me is if I was expecting a product (which has nothing to do with transactions not appearing in my history). I answered immediately. As of now its been over 45 minutes since he asked the question with no response.

What is going on? Do I need to stop using Paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheManx 

Any transactions you do not see on your PayPal activity history that is unauthorized, or you did not use PayPal guest checkout for, report it to your bank. Your bank debit or credit card may have been compromised and used through guest checkout with merchants that use PayPal to process payments.

Or start a new chat and write “unauthorized transactions not in PayPal account” or something like it. The ai will probably bring up questions or topics closest to your issue but keep saying no and asking for an agent and an available agent will review your messages and reply, eventually. Makes for a slow system unfortunately. 🤷

There’s also contact by social media:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.