Paypal won't let me cancel my account.

Gdave88
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Apparently, my paypal account that I haven't used in 20 years has been suspended. That's fine, I could care less. The problem's that I can't cancel the account and my bank info is still associated with the account and I can't remove those. I would really like to just scrub this "account".

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gdave88 

Sadly you can't close a permanently limited account. Paypal limits it to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Gdave88
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the link, unfortunately I've been there already. What I really need to know is how to permanently delete my account. If I could do that then all my bank and CC info would be deleted as well. I don't understand why Paypal won't just let me cancel.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gdave88 

Sadly you can't close a permanently limited account. Paypal limits it to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gdave88
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I'm not even sure why it's permanently suspended. I never used it. Anyway. thank you for the response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.