It's many articles that PayPal suport Passkeys now. But how to create the passkey?

MrBjorn
Contributor
Contributor

It's many articles that PayPal support Apples Passkeys now. But how do I create the passkey?

When I google on it, it says:

"To create a passkey, PayPal users can log in to the website and then choose the "Create a passkey" option. Passkeys on iOS and Mac devices sync with iCloud Keychain for security purposes, and logins are authenticated with Face ID or Touch ID."

But I don't get such an option when I login. Have anyone tried this successfully?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

RHPT
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like the passkey feature is being slowly rolled out and none of us on this thread have been lucky enough to be included. Alternatively, there is a special combination of settings you have to enable/disable to get the passkey feature to appear. 

Maybe in the next 5-10 years, I'll see this option. 

Login to Me Too

ae6dx
Contributor
Contributor
I now see the option on my iphone and it prompts me to add it. But then says looking for security key insert it now. Even thoughi did not select that option.
Login to Me Too

Mactastic23
Contributor
Contributor

I've been a U.S. user since 2013, and I'm unable to create a passkey as well.

Login to Me Too

RHPT
Contributor
Contributor

I was finally able to create a passkey but I still can't login with it. When I try to login with the passkey, it returns the error Passkey isn't working right now. Log in another way. Baby steps, I guess?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.