How to PERMANENTLY turn OFF "Trusted Device" so PayPal NEVER adds ANY device as Trusted Login?

insystemic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,  this is getting aggravating so am turning to community as my last resort before I shut down PayPal -- I gotta tell ya,  PayPal has my banking information and I am not playing games with my finances!  So the issue is this: every time I make a payment using PayPal, then later get an email saying my device has been recognized and added to a trusted device list.  THIS CAN NOT BE. I am forced to invest my time taking a special trip to PayPal's website, login, go find the setting and disable it. This is getting aggravating. I use proxy, private relay, VPN and while PayPal think's it can recognize my device, the reality is that it's HIGHLY unlikely the implementation of this trusted device feature ACTUALLY keeps me secure. It's 2023 and we are in a state of cyber war. As I write this post, my device is on lockdown and I am seeing little rose emoji's, horse emoji, peace sign emoji's posted all over this page (e.g., on the WYSIWYG editor). I wish I could upload a picture so you can see what I see!  The LAST thing I want is "trusted" or "remembered" -- ridiculously easily spoofed browser fingerprints attached to my bank Account. 

My question is this -- IS there a way to PERMANENTLY TURN OFF the feature to prevent PayPal from adding my login to a list of trusted or remembered devices?  To confirm, I am very aware how to remove a device from the list, but what i'm asking is to turn off the feature that adds devices to that list so that I never again have to log in to remove devices. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Contributor
Contributor

Being logged into a trusted device all the time, is just STUPID!! I totally agree with you! I'm getting really tired of having to log in a second time after making a purchase, just to turn off the feature!! Paypal, PLEASE get rid of this stupid feature!!! I hate it!!!

Login to Me Too

insystemic
Contributor
Contributor

Agree.  This is a HUGE security risk.  Listen, since the pandemic I have worked with Apple to report numerous breaches, each of my devices have been hacked more than once (yes, iphone, ipad, watch, macbook, imac) -- I've worked with Apple to report several times when my microphone turns on and listens when the lid is shut, my browser loads pages I never clicked, oh i could go on and on, but the point is this >> A device simply can not be trusted because it WILL get hacked sooner than later. And since I don't trust my device, PayPal adding an untrusted device on my account in a security risk. 

I noticed that someone removed the categories I selected for this post (security) and recategorized as general and settings -- but this is not a settings issue; rather the lack of turning this off presents a security issue. 

Thoughts on how we might get PayPal's attention?  Perhaps we need to contact Netflix or a News Media and see if they will write a news piece on this (shrug). Am open to ideas.... 

Login to Me Too

afaffel200
New Community Member

are this problem still exist OMG

Login to Me Too

princessscobra
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal, there are over one hundred people who have commented on this topic on various threads. Please allow us to permanently opt out of auto login. This has been a problem for over three years now. When are you going to do something about it?

Login to Me Too

Melorama
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I log in to pay -- it's the same thing. I ignore the "One Touch" buttons, I choose to log in with password. I get the stupid email saying PayPal recognizes my device -- and I must go in to turn off "One Touch."

Isn't it ILLEGAL to opt someone into a service when they clearly say no to it like this? 

I would really APPRECIATE a "NEVER ASK ME AGAIN TO TURN ON THIS STUPID RISKY SERVICE" button.

Login to Me Too

Spaceman04055
New Community Member

OMG, yes!!  I am SOOOOO sick of this issue!!!!!  PayPal, RESPOND!!!

Login to Me Too

BryanL641
Contributor
Contributor

What's even worse is that my wife works for an organization with a business paypal account and when she tries to make a personal purchase it says it remembers her and she doesn't need to log in -- but it's the business account! And worse yet, when she goes to her profile settings it says that auto-logon is disabled for all devices already!

Login to Me Too

mike2000
Contributor
Contributor

Bryan same problem here, mine also says it's already turned off but isn't. One site says device is recognized and just keeps spinning away never connecting, can't even make a payment. 

This is an absolutely horrible "feature" and it doesn't even work correctly.

I have run into some other bugs also , so does not give a lot of confidence in Paypals programming ability.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.