Why is getting customer support so difficult?

temp20220128
New Community Member

I've been on the phone with customer support for almost 2 hours now. I've been transferred 9 times. I've been transferred to the spanish-only phone center twice.

I wanted to make a purchase on eBay using PayPal credit. I was approved for roughly 4k. I only needed to use $450. When going to check out there is no option to checkout with PayPal credit. I have the option to pay over 2 months, with 4 payments every 2 weeks with PayPal Later, or pay with my debit card outright.

Why is a 12 month financing option being advertised under every item over $300 under PayPal credit if it can not be used. Why can't I get a straight answer from anyone on the phone why I can't use it.

PayPal says it's not them, it's Synchrony Bank. Synchrony says well they only offer financing on payments of over $500, so this is clearly PayPals fault and not theirs. It's been a straight back and fourth on the phone from PayPal to Synchrony, PayPal to Synchrony. I've now been put on hold for the last 20 minutes because they were going to "forward this issue to a supervisor".

I'm getting very p!$sed off, and am about ready to close out my PayPal account entirely, and possibly talk to my lawyer about the false advertisement that was placed under every item over $300 on eBay.

There is no excuse for customer service to be this god-awful unless you don't want customers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BiggieJerry20
New Community Member

because they don't care

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.