Push notifications were sorry try again

mtracht
Contributor
Contributor
Android push notifications have been broken for months. I see a lot old tickets with same problem but no fix. They worked for years and then just stopped. In settings just says we're sorry try again.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

rawmustard
New Community Member

What I did on my setup (because I was having this issue as well) was remove all data in the app info (this deletes all the settings), then relaunch the app and sign in to my account. Doing this made the push notification options available again.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

rawmustard
New Community Member

What I did on my setup (because I was having this issue as well) was remove all data in the app info (this deletes all the settings), then relaunch the app and sign in to my account. Doing this made the push notification options available again.

Login to Me Too

mtracht
Contributor
Contributor

thank you!!!! that did the trick!

Login to Me Too

SarahCordiner
Contributor
Contributor

me too.

How do you 'delete all the data' in the app?

can you tell me how/where to select this data delete option??

Login to Me Too

Aunt_Jenni
Go to Settings -> Apps-> PayPal-> Force Stop-> Storage -> Clear Data at bottom of screen. Then just open the app back up and go to Notifications. Your options should be back. Mine were.
Login to Me Too

SarahCordiner
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting this in android too.

How do you 'delete all the settings in the app?'.

Where do you find that option?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Aunt_Jenni
Worked perfectly when I cleared the data. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

rjack657
New Community Member

ScottR123
Contributor
Contributor

Push notifications go to secondary email address only, not primary. How can I fix this?

Login to Me Too

mtracht
Contributor
Contributor

that's not a push notification. They just go to to your phone - no email. You are looking for another kind of notification and I don't remember what it's called but it is in paypal settings somewhere and has nothing to do with any apps on your phone. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.