Payment Notifications on iPhone App do not show transaction details but instead simply say "RCM"

TraceyMmm
Contributor
Contributor

In the past couple of days my PayPal Notifications on iPhone App when receiving payments do not show transaction details of name & amount as usual, but instead simply say "RCM". This is a problem because I like to see who has sent me money and how much it is, but all it says in the on-screen notification is "PAYPAL" and then in one line beneath "RCM". This has happened for all 40+ transactions I've received in the past couple of days. When I click on the notification, it takes me through to the correct transaction on the app so all is going through correctly. It's just hte notification that has suddenly changed without wanring. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Here is a screenshot: Screenshot.jpg

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

GTPprix
New Community Member

You're not crazy; same thing here as well and as of last night app was up to date. Also has some generic account settlement message at night unlike where it used to say the total it was settling etc. 

Login to Me Too

PsychicInLove
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been having the same issue. Not sure if this is just in PayPal’s end or my end but I want to have it fixed.
Login to Me Too

sandralus
Contributor
Contributor

II have the same problem for days, I tried to uninstall the app but it did not workIMG_1744.jpg

Login to Me Too

papakilokilo
New Community Member
I’m having the same issue. I’m getting notifications with RCM and PUR. Very annoying and hope they get it rectified soon.
Login to Me Too

Eozkan
Contributor
Contributor
May i have your website address?
Login to Me Too

Traydee5164
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t even get the notification with the RCM.
Login to Me Too

Nowayjose99
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue on the iOS app on iPhone.  The app is up to date and it started about a week ago.

All payment notifications show 'RCM" instead of the actual monetary amount.

Note:  PayPal iOS App version is 8.16.0

Login to Me Too

Warmandfuzzy

I am having the same issue. My husband's phone still shows it the other way. Any ideas how to get it back?

Login to Me Too

spharoe
Contributor
Contributor
I landed here by searching the same issue, but beyond that, I haven’t been able to login to the app for a good three weeks. I get a screen that says “We’re having a problem”. I’ve done every friggen thing I can think of and nope. I’ve been using the website, because the app no longer works on my otherwise perfectly-sound iPhone XS. Nice work, PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.