Money on hold

ddpj
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been giving my mate money all year to save for me and he sent it back to me through PayPal on the 14th of nov. My moneys on hold for 21 days so will I defo get it on the 5th?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ddpj 

Sounds as if he used the goods/services option to send the funds, if he had used the friends/family option then it would not have been on hold and you would not have paid a fee.

However as its too late to change it then try this........

Mark the transaction as processed then the sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner. Allow 48 hours for the option to show up. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ddpj
Contributor
Contributor
Thanknu very much for the reply.! He’s away out fishing now so won’t be back for another few wks so I’ll just have to wait to the 5th. As long as they don’t hold it any longer I don’t mind waiting. Seems impossible to chat to anyone from paypal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.