I can't work out how to edit or remove postal addresses (other than my own).

stonehenge50
Contributor
Contributor

This seems such a simple thing - I'm sure I'm missing something!
I can't find how to delete or edit any of the postal addresses linked to my account.
I've had a few recent bereavements and don't want to be confronted with those addresses when I buy an item. When I buy something, this is the only time I am able to see the list of addresses, but am unable to edit them.
Otherwise, when I go into my account, I only have the option to add an address or edit my own address. When I searched google, I've found results saying to go it settings and find "manage addresses" but when I do so, it just takes me to my account page, which is as I've just described.
Any advice very welcome. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stonehenge50 

There are some addresses that cannot be removed because I suspect they were passed into the PayPal transaction, and thus to your PayPal account from merchant’s website during checkout as the shipping address on the payment (as opposed to manually adding it through your account first to be selected during checkout).

An option to consider is to close your account and open a new account if the addresses bother you.

Remember to withdraw your balance, sell your crypto, removing financial accounts from the account if you do.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

stonehenge50
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. It is annoying that you can't do this, but at least I now know. Appreciate you responding.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stonehenge50 

Before you do that, check if they are in your contacts and can remove them?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add%2C-edit-or-remove-an-email-address-from-my-...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stonehenge50
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I've just looked, and unfortunately those are just the email contacts when I've opted to send someone a payment, not the postal addresses.
But thank you for trying!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.