Getting "Invalid Phone Number" when trying to change to my new cell phone number.

touchdog
New Community Member

My old cell phone died. I bought a new one. When I try changing my phone number to the new cell number, Paypal says that it is an "Invalid Number". What is the problem and why won't Paypal accept my new cell phone number?  I live in the good ole USA, and my account was opened in the USA.  I should not be having a problem just changing something as simple as a cell phone number.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Harsha4
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @touchdog,

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal community. I understand your concern about updating your PayPal account with a new phone number. I recommend clearing your cache and cookies on your device, and if that doesn't work, try using a different device and updating the phone number by following this link. If you continue to have problems, please contact us. You can find the number to reach us by going to https://www.paypal.com, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting "Contact." Please visit the link to get more information when you face this type of issue.

Thank you, 

Harsha 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.