From dominican republic, PP is asking for a SSN which I do not have. Need an account.

eavargasf
Contributor
Contributor

I am from the dominican republic, the platform is asking for a SSN which I do not have. Need to create an account for a foreign user.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eavargasf wrote:

I am from the dominican republic, the platform is asking for a SSN which I do not have. Need to create an account for a foreign user.

Are you creating a PayPal account for a USA user? If not, what country is the foreign user based? Why are you creating an account for a foreign user? The actual user should create their own account for security reasons, even if you are setting up PayPal Checkout integration for a client.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

eavargasf
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I did not express myself well, english is not my mother language. I am the foreign user and I need a paypal account to receive payments for remote jobs and a dropshipping site I am building for worldwide users to pay through. What steps I need to take in your platform to generate a functional paypal account?

Regards.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eavargasf wrote:

Sorry I did not express myself well, english is not my mother language. I am the foreign user and I need a paypal account to receive payments for remote jobs and a dropshipping site I am building for worldwide users to pay through. What steps I need to take in your platform to generate a functional paypal account?

Regards.

First of all, you have a US PayPal account right now and need to close the US account because you live in Dominican Republic, and do not have SSN (US tax ID number). Do you have money in the US PayPal account on tax ID hold? You’ll have to contact US PayPal support and straighten that tax ID hold out and ask them to close the account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click Message Us or Call Us option below the Common Issues section.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Then open a Dominican Republic (DO) PayPal account with the same email address if you successfully closed the US account, or just use a different email address.

Link your DO bank account to PayPal to be able to withdraw money for 100.00 DOP (per withdrawal). Or, link a US bank account that has a routing number to your DO PayPal account to withdrawal USD for 0.50% fee (per withdrawal).

Also link a card to confirm your postal address.

PayPal fees:

Standard rate for receiving domestic & international transactions

To receive payments from DO and non-DO PayPal accounts for goods and services, the fee is 5.40% + fixed fee

If personal payments (friends and family) option is available for your account:

Sending domestic personal transactions

PayPal Balance or Bank account:  No Fee (when no currency conversion is involved)

Cards: 3.4% + fixed fee

Sending international personal transactions

PayPal Balance or Bank account: 4.99 USD

Cards: 4.99 USD + 3.4% + fixed fee

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.