Constant identification driving me mad?!

meganh89
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried changing the settings but it’s making no difference. I have to verify every time I log in and then again when transferring money in the same session. And to make matters worse the website has been changed so that you can’t auto insert the code when it arrives on text!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @meganh89,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post!

I do understand your frustration with this. This secuirty check is put in place to protect your PayPal account. If our system is unsure it is you trying to access your account, or make a transfer it will ask you to confirm your identity. This is to ensure it is only you using your PayPal account. 

If you continue to login from the same device and same location, the system should start to recognize you and not prompt you to confirm your identity each time. 

Yes, you are correct the auto fill as been removed for secuirty reasons. You will need to manually enter the code going forward. 

I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant team. 

Thank you!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

meganh89
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Rachel, Thank you for your response. I understand that it is for security but I am using the same device (no vpn or anything that would be throwing the info off) and it’s been happening for months now. The autofill was the only thing that made it bearable, is there really no way I can choose to turn the excessive security off? I understand from different devices, but multiple times in one session on the same device is very frustrating!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.