Cant confirm my phone number because the APP automatically texts US prefix...

pasn007
Contributor
Contributor

Cant confirm my phone number because the APP automatically texts US prefix, but it's not a US number.

I'm a US national, and resident, but I'm in Europe right now. I need to be able to use my European phone number for PayPal, so I updated my Polish phone number into PayPal. It starts with a prefix of +48. On PayPal.com it has my number listed correctly, but it says, "unconfirmed." There's no way to confirm it via Paypal.com. I have to go to the APP to confirm it, and the APP has my phone number WITHOUT the prefix, and when I click "confirm" it tries to message the phone number, but without the +48 prefix. It's automatically trying to use a +1 prefix. So, the APP has a different prefix than the PayPal.Com website. The rest of the numbers are correct, it's just the prefix that's wrong. SO, there's NO WAY to validate my phone number because the APP doesn't recognize foreign phone numbers even though the website dose recognize them. Tried calling support and the number listed for calling outside the US doesn't work at all. Tried messaging but it takes HOURS to get a response. And the response I got wasn't even helpful at all. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hi there @pasn007

Thank you for taking the time to post on our Forum. We've addressed your concern on your main thread here. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.