Can't update my personal information.

GarethHanson
New Community Member

I have recently moved to Germany and have since gotten a new phone number and home address, but when I try to change my phone number or address on PayPal it says something is wrong. I am not sure what to do. I don't know if my PayPal still thinks I live in South Africa (my original country) and hence doesn't recognise the German phone number or address if that is the case then how do I communicate with my PayPal that I am in Germany now? Please help. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @GarethHanson,

Welcome to the PayPal community! I understand that you would like to update the phone number and address to a different country on your PayPal account. As PayPal is region specific you may not be able to change your address to a different country, You can, however, close this account and open a new account with the same email address using the PayPal Germany website, if you have moved there permanently. 

I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance.

Good luck!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.