Can I use the PayPal website on my Android Smartphone instead of using the PayPal app?

sharp27
Contributor
Contributor

I'm noticing that the official PayPal app for Android from the Google Play Store is consuming a lot of battery on my smartphone, and I was wondering if simply using the PayPal website on Firefox Nightly would  grant me all the same functions for managing my account that the app does. Am I missing anything by using the website instead of the app? And is using the website just as safe as using the app?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @sharp27,

Welcome to the PayPal community! I totally understand your concern that using an app can drain your phone's battery. The choice of whether to use PayPal on a mobile app or browser is entirely up to the users, however, both options work similarly. It is completely safe to use the PayPal website, you can use your phone browser to login into your PayPal account

I hope this helps!

- Ali

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @sharp27,

Welcome to the PayPal community! I totally understand your concern that using an app can drain your phone's battery. The choice of whether to use PayPal on a mobile app or browser is entirely up to the users, however, both options work similarly. It is completely safe to use the PayPal website, you can use your phone browser to login into your PayPal account

I hope this helps!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.