Can I cancel my business account and will it charge to friends sending money?

Tracey-anne
New Community Member

I have had my paypal for many years but today I upgraded to a business account to accept payments on my website which became a saga and I gave up on it. I am now left with a business account and it wont let me change it back. Will this affect my non business payments and now charge fees on everything? Can I cancel the business account? thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jure_Kralj
New Community Member
I had same problem but it seems like you cannot change it back to personal. I've tried to contact paypal but it is impossible because all you get is that bot that doesn't even have answer to that.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Tracey-anne, Jure_Kralj,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your posts!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. All PayPal accounts allow you to send and receive payments. Personal accounts are recommended for individuals and casual sellers who want to get paid online but also make online purchases. To downgrade your business account, please contact us by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.