Authenticator app

jsher777
New Community Member

When I log into my PayPal account it then ask for a code sent to my authenticator app. What the heck is an authenticator app?!! I never set this up. I signed in 2 months ago without it, why do I need it now? What is it, where do you get such an app, and how do you set it up?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Harsha4
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @jsher777,

Thank you for the post.

I understand that you are facing issues while logging in to your account. This is the basic verification procedure for safeguarding your account. An authentication code for your phone will be sent to you by PayPal. If you are unable to verify the code, it is best to give us a call. Once we can verify some information with you over the phone, we can aid in resolving the issue. You can find the number to reach us by going to https://www.paypal.com, scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting "Contact". Please visit the link to get more information when you face this type of issue.

Thank you

Harsha 

Login to Me Too

Bassgeisha
New Community Member
My PayPal app on my husbands phone popped this up and he didn’t set it up. Also, now when tapping having trouble logging in, it says that the security digits cannot be empty.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.