Thank you for contacting us. We know your time is valuable...

MoreTimeWasted
New Community Member

Regarding the first line on your email response:

"Thank you for contacting us. We know your time is valuable so we’ve tailored this automated response based on your selection:"

I want to offer a translation:

Thank you for contacting use, we don't care how much of your time we waste, we just really can't be bothered to respond to emails individually, it is far to costly for us.

So we have sent you an automated response that is probably not relevant, and will probably ensure that you have to again contact us, perhaps several times by numerous methods, before you get a straight answer to your question or a resolution to problem we have caused.

We would also like to remind you that we can do whatever we want to the standing of your account and any payments you receive are at the mercy of our stupidity.  Just because you pay a fee for your transactions, you are not a valued customer, you have no rights and we don't particularly care what you think either.

~~

If you think I am exaggerating. I'm not. After well over 10 years of using PP on and off this is my conclusion, based on how rubbish your "scripted" customer service is.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why bother to email then? The first response is always automated but if you send again you get a more personalised reply.

HOWEVER its much easier to phone and get a reply from customer services direct. >>

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why bother to email then? The first response is always automated but if you send again you get a more personalised reply.

HOWEVER its much easier to phone and get a reply from customer services direct. >>

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MoreTimeWasted
New Community Member

+1  Kudos to you!
Why?
Because you are as scrpited as them.

I was offering my translation. Not asking for advice on how to contact PP.
I think after 10 years I know how to contact them. I even know how to use the toilet now, I'm all grown up.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well so sorry for bothering to reply to your post to "try" and help you.

Good bye and next time we will leave your threads unanswered.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.