Paypal is ruining my day

Reinie
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings

A simple task as booking a hostel is turning in to a nightmare after i have been trying to pay for 2 hours.

Hostel only works with paypal, fine by me.

I try paying as a guest, entering my credit card info etc...

Seems i allready used this credit card with another paypal account before...

Ok, i think about this and realize i made an account years ago with an email i no longer use.

I can login on the paypal account (after trying a bunch of passwords) but i cant pay with it (it even has 60euros on it still)

i cant link my credit card to it for some reason either.

each time i try to pay the hostel paypal says it cannot make the payment and redirects me to the seller.

Maybe there is a restriction on my account, but i dont know where i can see this or how to fix this.

The email account i made that paypal account with i havent used it in like 5+ years and cant remember the password.

and i cant change the email either on my paypal account.

I need to book this hostel and i cant, because paypal wont let me.

How can i fix this bs?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Reinie
Contributor
Contributor

oh and did i mention i cannot use the credit card for a new account?

So my card is "locked" to account i cant pay with, for god knows what reason

Login to Me Too

Reinie
Contributor
Contributor

and when i go to the resolution center it says 

5 Jul 2012Confirm your credit cardTo confirm you are the credit card owner, we'll charge a small amount to your credit card. After you confirm the amount, we'll credit your PayPal account for the amount charged.Waiting for your responseResolve
5 Jul 2012Change passwordPlease change your PayPal password.Waiting for your responseResolve
5 Jul 2012Update security questionsUpdate the information that we use to confirm you're the account holder.Waiting for your responseResolve

but when i want to confirm credit card 

We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

Login to Me Too

Reinie
Contributor
Contributor

i resolved the change password and question, but i cant confirm my credit card. from flipping 2012? i dont even remember confirming it ....

Login to Me Too

Reinie
Contributor
Contributor

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-956-630-986.)

• 5 Jul 2012: We want to check with you to make sure that no one has logged in to your account without your permission.

Please take a moment to change your password and create new security questions. You should also take a look at your account information and recent transactions. Make sure that your account information (address, phone number, etc.) hasn't changed and that you recognize all of your recent transactions.

thank you so much for helping me!????????????????????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.