PayPal Account Limited - No previous problem whatsoever.

Starktoners

So my PayPal account was limited after trying to lift imits two weeks ago.

PayPal asked for ID and bank statements - This was sent in. (While my account was OK)

They then limited my account. I phoned up and they said the photo ID was blurry,

I then send them another form of photo ID, along with 2 more bank statements and a utility bill. 

These were rejected, and I am told I am excessive risk.

All my transactions have never had an open case or refund. 

I am a business owner, with VAT registration certificate and confirmation from several sources of my address and identitiy. Yet PayPal have stopped me from trading with them online, kept £1500 of my money for 180 days, and only stated I am excessive risk.

On asking about bing excessive risk, PayPal refuse to elaborate.

On asking how to appeal direct, I am told they cannot give me the postal address or contact name.

Every step I have taken, I have been treated like a criminal trying to prove his innocence, denied at every turn with no reason given.

What can I do? Who can I talk to? My business is massively affected, and the money on hold has detromental effects on my trading.

Is there someone I can talk to direct to review my case? Is there a postal address I can claim to?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Starktoners.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that there has been a limitation placed on your PayPal account recently. 

We would like the opportunity to look into this further for you to see if there is anything that we can do to help. Can you please try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.