Limits lifted, reapplied and impossible to lift again

Charlotte022
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, I sent all information requested to lift my account limits few months ago and everything went fine - I still have the confirmation email saying it. However I now see a page mentioning that more info is needed to lift my account limits when I go to the dedicated page - there is a to do list (confirm identity, etc.) same as usual, with everything crossed out and all ticks green however the notification "more information needed to lift limits" at the top stays. I cannot even see what the limits are as the page only shows this message and this list. There is nothing I can do to remove it. I tried to contact customer service several times but only get automatic messages (the "email center" should be removed if it's just to send automatic messages that have nothing to do with the question and redirecting to a phone number we have to pay for). Nothing in the resolution center neither. Would someone know what to do in that case? The only thing I could think of would be to delete my account as it seems to have technical problems (or voluntary problems to have customers pay to call but that's far too easy) but all my info are registered (and I would like to use it!) so I would prefer to keep it... Thanks! 🙂 C.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charlotte022

Your right the email option is pretty rubbish  >> try one of these >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Charlotte022
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thanks a lot for your answer! 

I tried to phone once but had to wait for ages and eventually hang up, maybe I should have waited a bit longer (but I don't think that's right to pay for this kind of service, especially as the problems seems to come from Paypal itself 😞 )

I'll definitely try Facebook and Twitter, thanks a lot for the suggestion 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charlotte022

The help number for the UK is free from landlines.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Charlotte022
Contributor
Contributor

I only have a mobile phone - after a new try (and 28:15 minutes waiting) still nobody.

I'll try the other options!

Thanks again 😉

Login to Me Too

Charlotte022
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Siobhán

@PayPal_paula

Hello, I saw you helped other members with the same issue. As I cannot reach anyone by email and phone, I try this...

I did everything needed to lift my account limits (and received an email from your team confirming all was OK after doing so), last year, but I still have the "lift my limits" option and, when clicking on it, the usual "to do list", with everything crossed out and all ticks green but still the mention "more information needed to lift account limits" at the top.

I cannot even see whether my account is really limited or not as this page is the only thing I can see.

Could someone from your team do what's needed to correct this problem with your sytem?

Thanks in advance.

C.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Charlotte022, 

Thanks for your response to this post. In order to get this resolved I would advise to contact us so that we can review your account and help. I am not able to answer your question with general information :(. Have you tried to contact us on Facebook and Twitter?  Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK and on Twitter @AskPayPal. I am sure we can help you there. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Charlotte022
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Dian

Hi Dian, thanks for your answer.

Yes I've tried email/phone and Twitter but no answer so far.

I'm not a Facebook user so I won't be able to use a FB account to get in touch.
It seems to be a quite frequent problem as I've seen it mentionned by many users... Now I cannot even access the "limits" page anymore - when I click on "view my account's limits" I'm redirected to the summary page.... How weird...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.