How to lift receiving limits?

tesuji
New Community Member

I got a message in my PayPal saying "29 Jun 2012: You have received £1,650 or more in total payments to your PayPal account in this calendar year and are therefore approaching our annual receiving limit of £1,900. PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations by collecting information from customers when they receive more than £1,900 in total payments within a calendar year. Please go to the Resolution Centre for more information on what you need to do." today. I have gone to the resolution centre and filled in the required information, there is a green tick next to everything, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now. When I try to lift the limit it says "More account information required", but what informatin? I have already filled it all in. I don't understand what it's asking for.

Would appreciate any help.

Regards,

Ben

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there tesuji,

This should be resolved for you now!

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

cloudyeyes
Contributor
Contributor

Siobhán - Could you please explain how you fixed it for this user as there is a large number of people struggling with this (myself included) judging by the posts on here.

Login to Me Too

ode_dabber
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Followed all the instructions re Personal Information and have all green ticks, but the page states 'further information required' but there are no instructions as to what is required or what happens next?

Login to Me Too

ode_dabber
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help? I'm having a 'mare' trying to get my receivuing limit incresed - followed all the instructions re Personal Information and have all green ticks, but the page states 'further information required' but there are no instructions as to what is required or what happens next?

Login to Me Too

lisam77
Contributor
Contributor

I need advice too, have completed all the steps yet limits have still not been lifted. Very annoying as am waiting for a payment which takes me over my limit!! Help!!!

Login to Me Too

lisam77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi emailed paypal on firday about this problem and this morning my limits have been lifted! Had to supply photo id and utility bil and was all sorted.!

Login to Me Too

StoneTape72
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here - my account has been limited since April. All green ticks on the action page yet the limit still hasn't been lifted. Emailed PayPal more times than I can remember, no response beyond the automated reply. Tried adding a second bank account to prove I'm the genuine account holder but that hasn't worked. I really can't believe a big global brand like PayPal can totally ignore a customer like this - I've been using their services for over a decade, mostly as a seller. Not happy.

Login to Me Too

Fuzzgun
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem and PayPal are making it as difficult as possible for me to resolve this. I have asked then to clarify 5 times and all messages have been ignored. I did a Google search about the situation. The EU money laundering thing, I was surprised to finde out it is not a EU regulation but something PayPal has invented, is this a PayPal scam methinks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are really making yourself look very silly saying they don't exist. Every single banking organisation has to abide by them.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2157/contents/made

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/news/stories/european-council-approves-fourth-directive-text/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.