Confirm identity: ''Something seems to have gone wrong..''

C02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My account was limited as I have received €2,500 or more in total payments to my PayPal account in this calendar year.

I've confirmed my bank account and my PayPal account is now verified but when I try and 'Confirm identity' I get the following error.

''Something seems to have gone wrong. We’re experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again later.''

I've tried numerous times over the last few days but I'm still getting that error. 

I've tried contacting ''support'' via e-mail and social media but I haven't received a reply yet, I'd like to have the limits on my account lifted ASAP but unfortunately PayPal's ''support'' is absolutely pathetic. 

Does anyone have an e-mail address where I can send my documents so I can confirm my identity? 

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

C02
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?!

Login to Me Too

C02
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable.

No reply via e-mail or social media, am I f...... invisible? PayPal's ''support'' is the most pathetic I've ever seen, astonishingly incompetent.

Login to Me Too

rakhmat

at least you are not alone my friend, i have completed the documents asked by paypal "you have reached a usage threshold that requires us to confirm your identity". 

which when I check on my paypal dashboard, they are already checked list, and told me they well get i 2-3 days, but unbelieavably it has already 1 month, I never get any reply, while I send them lots of messages.

I have around usd$1.020 nad I cannot do anything,...this is just unbelievable..

Login to Me Too

Bayuhermawan
New Community Member
Oh noo.. Me too and i have 2925€ in my account, still can't do anything until now.. 😢😢😢 All my required documents are already checklist and i can't do anything just wait for 2-3 days, but now its already 1 month.. Yeah unbelieveable..😢😢😢
Login to Me Too

C02
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to get my limit lifted since Friday, I can't confirm my identity due to technical errors and I don't have an option to upload my documents. How the **bleep** am I supposed to resolve my limitation? No help whatsoever from support, not even a reply. Why can't I get some support without having to call?!  SpaceX will have landed on **bleep** Mars before I get some support. 

Login to Me Too

C02
Contributor
Contributor

I honestly can't believe that I still haven't received any reply whatsoever from support. I've been trying to get help for over a week now, no reply to my e-mails and flat out ignored on social media. 

Login to Me Too

C02
Contributor
Contributor

Can any of the moderators please help me? I've been trying for 9 days now and I'm still getting the technical error. Can I just send someone my documents so I can resolve my limitation? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

I'm afraid we do not have access to accounts here as the forum is designed for user to user interaction.

I recommend calling our customer service if you still need help. The number can be located at the bottom of your PayPal account under the Contact tab.

-David R

Login to Me Too

C02
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. 

I still can't resolve my limitation due to the errors and I've been limited 3 weeks now. 

I've just uploaded my documents via the name change thing (I don't need to change my name but it's the only way I could find to upload my documents to confirm my identity). 

I'm hoping that they'll notice that I was uploading them to confirm my identity and resolve the limitation, will they? If not, could you tell them as I've sent tons of e-mails and no reply to none of them yet (I sent the first one nearly 3 weeks ago). 

I'm not comfortable speaking over the phone so I'd really appreciate if you could help me as I've been ignored on social media and via e-mail. I've tried everything. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.