Confirm identity: ''Something seems to have gone wrong..''

C02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My account was limited as I have received €2,500 or more in total payments to my PayPal account in this calendar year.

I've confirmed my bank account and my PayPal account is now verified but when I try and 'Confirm identity' I get the following error.

''Something seems to have gone wrong. We’re experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again later.''

I've tried numerous times over the last few days but I'm still getting that error. 

I've tried contacting ''support'' via e-mail and social media but I haven't received a reply yet, I'd like to have the limits on my account lifted ASAP but unfortunately PayPal's ''support'' is absolutely pathetic. 

Does anyone have an e-mail address where I can send my documents so I can confirm my identity? 

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_Donna

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal community.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. If you are having problems contacting us by phone, you can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Joe_H
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi C02

Sorry to hear you’re having problems resolving your limitation. Smiley Sad

Try the online form again. This time make sure when you enter your postcode you use capital letters and leave a space before the last 3 digits. Also enter your house number into the building number section. If this fails you will be prompted to upload your documents to us. Take a photo of the items and follow the online instructions.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Joe_H 

Login to Me Too

ErsinAtes
New Community Member
I am having this issue for a week nearly. I can not get rid of this limit. I already shared my number and address before and everytime after this error, I got an email saying that I added a new address!!
Login to Me Too

flingersparty
Contributor
Contributor

Can't get any help with this same problem. So frustrating.

Does anyone actually read this forum?? PAYPAL????

Login to Me Too

flingersparty
Contributor
Contributor

Can't get any help with this same problem. So frustrating.

Does anyone actually read this forum?? PAYPAL????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.