Confirm identity: ''Something seems to have gone wrong..''

C02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My account was limited as I have received €2,500 or more in total payments to my PayPal account in this calendar year.

I've confirmed my bank account and my PayPal account is now verified but when I try and 'Confirm identity' I get the following error.

''Something seems to have gone wrong. We’re experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again later.''

I've tried numerous times over the last few days but I'm still getting that error. 

I've tried contacting ''support'' via e-mail and social media but I haven't received a reply yet, I'd like to have the limits on my account lifted ASAP but unfortunately PayPal's ''support'' is absolutely pathetic. 

Does anyone have an e-mail address where I can send my documents so I can confirm my identity? 

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

swebarb
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem now, what to do ? paypal asks to update info about my identity and it doesnt work? help..
Login to Me Too

jmurph33
New Community Member

I am also experiencing this problem since Friday morning.

I am unable to upload my documents as it keeps crashing and displaying this error message that the site has technical problems.

Login to Me Too

swebarb
Contributor
Contributor

Ok the only thing that made this work was to make the images even smaller ,try make them under 200kb and it will work, for some reason it says 2mb limit and mine was alot smaller then that still didnt work, what a stupid error guess they dont have much space to upload the images thats why u get that error.. so make them smaller and it should work atleast it did for me..

Login to Me Too

kmasiliunas
New Community Member

Wow, thanks a lot man, I was loosing my **bleep** ming over this nonsense **bleep**! I have money and I cant access it and the **bleep** customer service is the worst I have ever had in my entire life. Thankfully I took your tip and it worked, so I am happy that someone figured it out

Login to Me Too

StephenCoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys,

If you need to upload docs but cant due to a technical error you can do it at this alternative URL:

www.paypal.com/il/uploaddoc

BUT

it won't automatically put the case into review for you. You may need to contact customer service by phone for them to manually put it into the review .

Also

If you are filling in the confirm identity page please ensure

My Example address id: 123 fake street camden london E173EL United Kingdom

• Flat number: Blank
  • Building Name: Blank
  • Building Number: 123
  • Street name: fake street
    Street Number: 123
  • Town/city Camden
  • County London
  • Postcode: E17 3EL (capitals with a space)

HOPE THIS HELPS!!! 🙂
Login to Me Too

mingliualistair
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU ,BUT HOW SHOULD I DO IF I DONT HAVE THE BUILDING NUMBER AND ST NUMBER?

Login to Me Too

bendempsey7
Use this link, helped me get back to my account. https://www.paypal.com/businessexp/summary
Login to Me Too

annelouise23

what if your address doesnt have a street name or number and just uses a house name?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @annelouise23,

Welcome to the community. If your address does not have a house number or street name you should still be able to enter it as it appears on your PayPal account. If you experience difficulties with this the alternative way to resolve this is by uploading a copy of your photo ID and proof of address through the Resolution Centre of your account. That way the relevant team can manually verify these details. Here's a link you can use to upload any documents required https://paypal.co.uk/uploadstatement.

I hope this helps,

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Deckard-R

Didn't work - same error message.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.