Adding a bank account - nowhere to put in account holders name

Veron
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Just about to tear my hair out having spent the last couple of weeks struggling with 'the computer says No' syndrome.

I have just set up a business paypal account to handle my online transactions. The Paypal account is in my name, the business name is listed as the business name.

Then tried to add a bank account to receive my hard earned cash. The second paragraph on the add bank account page requests that I enter my name exactly as it appears on my bank account. Problem. There is nowhere in which to put said name ! ! !

So after filling in the bank name, town and account number, it assumes that the bank account name is the business name.

AND to make matters worse none of the contact us links allow me to contact anyone.

So, what am I supposed to do when things go wrong - pray?

Sorry, its the result of going round and round and round in circles (not even ever decreasing circles - just circles)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Veron
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks for the response. I will copy it and paste it somewhere for later use - perhaps.

Only yesterday, we opened another bank account, one in which I can accept payments as me or as the business, so before doing any changes anywhere I will wait and see when all the info comes through.

I really need to get this up and running as soon as possible. I have also found where to change the language back to french, never where it was supposed to be ! ! but at least I can now contact paypal. I would sooner contact them in english so will keep this forum as an option.

Thanks again. I will assume that what you suggest  would work if all else fails.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Veron,

Sorry for the long response but thought it best you had all of the information!

You can change the contact name on your Business account. The contact name should be your name, not your business’s name.

To change your contact name, provide the following documents:

• A copy of a valid photo identification showing your new name (a driver's license, a passport, or any other government-issued photo identification).
  • A letter on company stationery showing the primary email address, the current name, the postal address, and the phone number on your PayPal Business account. In your letter, include the reason for the name change and the new contact name.

Here’s how to change the contact name on your Business account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Business information.’
  4. Click ‘Change Name.’
  5. If it's not already selected, select ‘Business Name Change (change contact name),’ then click ‘Continue.’

You can upload or fax your documents to us.

Here’s how to upload your documents:

1. Click 'Upload Files.'
  2. Browse for the file you want to upload and click ‘Attach this File.’
  3. Click ‘Send Files to PayPal.’

Here’s how to fax your documents:

1. Click ‘Continue to Fax Cover Sheet.’
  2. Enter your name, a brief description of your request, and how many pages you're faxing (include the cover sheet as a page).
  3. Click ‘Print Page.’
  4. Click ‘Print Page.’
  5. Fax the documents to 08707 303 198.

We'll email you when the contact name on your Business account is changed.

Once this is changed your personal name will show when adding the bank account.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too
Solved

Veron
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks for the response. I will copy it and paste it somewhere for later use - perhaps.

Only yesterday, we opened another bank account, one in which I can accept payments as me or as the business, so before doing any changes anywhere I will wait and see when all the info comes through.

I really need to get this up and running as soon as possible. I have also found where to change the language back to french, never where it was supposed to be ! ! but at least I can now contact paypal. I would sooner contact them in english so will keep this forum as an option.

Thanks again. I will assume that what you suggest  would work if all else fails.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Good to hear, just to remind you as well, that once you open a PayPal Business Account, the bank you add will automatically be given the business name on your account, rather than your own name.

Login to Me Too

Veron
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Paypal - Barry

It is a pity Paypal don't actually make this stuff obvious from the outset.

Reading though many of the problems on this forum it seems that quite a few of them would not arise if the forms on Paypal were a bit more forthcoming with their information.

Often people that work with them all the time do not see the difficulties because they already know the answers, but for people coming from the outside into Paypal, the forms can be difficult, often instructions don't actually match up with what appears on our screens, or you find yourself directed, following paypals own links, to pages that don't exist anymore etc. etc.

I think it is often a problem with large companies where the websites have been updated repeatedly that information / directions for doing stuff don't actually work quite the  way they are described.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.